Revised: July 8, 2020
If you do not understand any of the terms of this Agreement, please contact us before using the Platform.
1. Governing Law
The Platform is governed by the laws of the United States of America. You shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Platform. Although the Platform may be accessible worldwide, we make no representation that materials on the Platform are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States of America, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Platform from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
2. About Godonatenow
Godonatenow is a crowdfunding platform that allows fundraisers to raise money online from friends, family, colleagues, donors and other supporters (collectively, “Donors”).
3. Registration and Use
Certain areas of the Platform may require registration. In respect of your use of these areas of the Platform, you agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Sign up form.
- Maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
Godonatenow is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, parents who wish to allow their children access to the Platform should assist them in setting up any relevant accounts and supervise their access to the Platform. By allowing your child access to the Platform, he or she will be able to access all of the Platform, which may now or in the future include public and private communication tools as well as other features that may not be appropriate for use by children unsupervised. Please remember that the Platform is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, as the legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether the Platform and/or the Content are appropriate for your child.
5. Payment Processing
The fees (“Fees”) we charge for using Godonatenow Platform are described on the Pricing and fees page. Godonatenow reserves the right, in its discretion, to revise the Fees at any time and to post such revised Fees on the Pricing and fees page. Please check the Pricing and fees page periodically for changes.
In addition to the Fees, you are also obligated to pay all taxes, fees and other charges imposed by any governmental authority ("Taxes").
7. Refund Policy
Godonatenow expects that anyone wishing to donate consider their decision carefully and check donation amounts during transactions.
We recognize that it is possible to make an error when making online donation or for the Donors to change their mind about the donation made.
Under this policy, Godonatenow is able to refund your donation before the funds were disbursed to the fundraiser. In the event that Godonatenow has disbursed funds to the fundraiser, refund requests must be directed to the fundraiser and handled in accordance with their separate refund policy (if any). Godonatenow is not liable for any damages or losses caused by Godonatenow issuing refunds.
8. User content
Godonatenow is not responsible for User Content nor does it endorse any opinion contained in User Content.
9. Copyright Policy
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Godonatenow may terminate access to the Platform for any user who is alleged to infringe another party’s copyright upon receipt of proper notification to Godonatenow by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Platform in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a written notice containing the following information:
- electronic or physical signature of the copyrighted work owner (or authorized person);
- a description of the copyrighted work, including the URL on Godonatenow Platform where this infringing content is available or a copy of it;
- your contact details: email address, telephone and address;
- a statement in “good faith belief” that the work is not authorized by the copyright owner; and
- a statement by you, person who sends the takedown notice, that the information you send in the notice (above information) is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or you are authorized to act on copyright owner’s behalf.
Notices to Godonatenow regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to Godonatenow via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse the Platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Platform, the server on which the Platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Platform. You must not attack our Platform via a denial-of-service (“DoS”) attack or a distributed DoS attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence in a number of different jurisdictions. Godonatenow may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we may co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Platform will cease immediately. Godonatenow will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed DoS attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Platform or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
12. Links to Other Websites
Our Platform may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Godonatenow.
Godonatenow has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Godonatenow shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
The Platform, Content, and User Content may in its entirety or in part be protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other intellectual property laws. You acknowledge and agree that the Platform and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of Godonatenow and/or its licensors or authorizing third parties. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Platform, Content or User Content. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other source identifiers of Godonatenow used on or in connection with the Platform and Content are trademarks or registered trademarks of Godonatenow. Trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of third parties used on or in connection with the Platform, Content, and/or User Content are used for identification purposes only and may be the property of their respective owners.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Godonatenow EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND OTHER TERMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED TERM OF ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY TERM AS TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES TO A STANDARD OF REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL OR AS TO NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.
- Godonatenow MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT:
- THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
- THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE;
- THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE;
- THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND
- ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PLATFORM IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
15. Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Godonatenow SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF Godonatenow HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
- THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORM;
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE PLATFORM;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PLATFORM;
- RESULTS OF THE PLATFORM, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT AND ANY MATERIALS POSTED ON IT; OR
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PLATFORM.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. Accounts, Passwords and Security
Certain features or services offered on or through the Platform may require you to open an account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your account, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account as a result of your failing to keep this information secure and confidential. You agree to notify Godonatenow immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security.
You agree to indemnify and hold Godonatenow harmless from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, penalties, fines, costs and expenses, including without limitation reasonable legal fees, that may arise in connection with:
- your use of and access to the Platform; and
You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. If you do so, neither you nor Godonatenow can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify Godonatenow in writing within 30 days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision. You must use this address to opt out:
ATTN: Legal – Arbitration Opt Out
1942 Broadway St. STE 314C
Boulder, Colorado 80302
You must include your name and residence address, and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this arbitration agreement.
If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Godonatenow.
19. Entire Agreement